Find yourself running on steam lately? Maybe it’s time you start steaming your food! Cooking with a steamer maintains the vitamins in food, as well as flavor. Steaming is a process where the heat from the steam gently diffuses through food, allowing it to cook in its own juices, minimizing loss of nutrients, texture, color and taste.
There are so many great benefits to steaming your food:
- First of all, steaming is versatile. You can steam almost anything, including meat, poultry, fish, vegetables and pasta.
- Steaming is a fast way to cook, so it saves both time and energy.
- Forget to thaw out dinner? Don’t stress. Frozen foods can be steamed straight from the freezer!
- Steaming softens fiber within food so it becomes tender and easy to digest.
- There is no fat or oil with the steamed cooking process, so it is lighter and healthier.
- It’s easy to do and easy to clean up.
- Steaming also maintains moisture and freshness of food.
Yearn for a heaping bowl of pasta with fresh veggies or a big pot of clams and shrimp? Break out that steamer! Houseware Warehouse has an enormous selection of kitchen supplies including a great array of steamers, so just visit housewarewarehouse.net!